Just like the essays we had to write each year in elementary school, but since I’m no longer in elementary school, here’s just a list:
1. slept late almost everyday (some days even past 8 am!
and even took one nap–almost forgot about napping
until the last day, got one in in the nick of time)
2. cooked lots and lots
3. hung out with my kids, my sweet hubby and the cats
Philbert, Noodle, Rooster and Simon
4. read several novels
5. rediscovered Scrabble on Facebook. I know they call it some silly name that sounds like Lexus, but I’m still calling it Scrabble!
7. watched the entire winter season of Survivor on my laptop
while doing #2
8. organized all my Smiley photos into galleries by color
9) hosted and attended parties, parties, parties.
10. got to go into the chimpanzee cage at the Oakland zoo to hide
Christmas presents/toys I’d donated! Sooooooo cool.
So lucky to have had a 2 week vacation every winter of my entire life. First as a kid, then a college student and finally as a teacher, author and artist.
Smile. Be Happy.
P.S.: 9 out of 10 were totally great.
P.S.S.: No there will be no photo of the haircut. Not for the first time, I felt like it was an alternate universe kind of experience. I say, “Trim it an inch.” And in this other worldly place of the hair cut shop that translates into, “Make me look like a poodle.” Oh well. Hair grows.